Child Care Subsidy
What is the child care subsidy?
If you meet the following eligibility requirements you may be able to claim for assistance to help you with the cost of child care.
- care for a child 13 or younger and not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies
- use an approved child care service
- responsible for paying the child care fees
- meet residency and immunisation requirements
The amount of Child Care Subsidy you can get depends on your circumstances. You can use the Department of Human Service’s Payment and Service Finder to estimate how much Child Care Subsidy you may get. The amount of subsidised child care you can access per fortnight applies to each child.
Steps to claim Child Care Subsidy
The steps to claim the child care subsidy are relatively simple and there is a lot of useful information available on the Department of Human Services website. Basically the steps are:
- Get ready to claim by setting up a myGov account
- Get your supporting documents ready
- Make your claim via the Centrelink section of myGov
- Track your claim
Latest News & Events
Why time away from your children is healthy
Every parent loves their child, but some days you just want to be able to...Continue Reading ›
Enrolling your baby in childcare
As a parent, you understand the value of being given time to bond with your...Continue Reading ›
The Benefits of Attending Kindergarten
Attending kindergarten is such a critical part of a child’s development. It is your child’s...Continue Reading ›