Play Expo 2019
This year Child’s Play Tarneit is again a part of Wyndham City Councils Play Expo. Each term a number of community facilitators come together to encourage children to play and encourage their parents or carers to be part of the play.
The aim of the Play Expo is for Families to come along and take away play ideas, that are simple, cheap and easily accessible. It also has a big focus on recycling materials for play.
The Expo is focused on five key outcomes that come from the Victorian Early Years Learning Framework:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Some ideas for recycled play activities include:
- Pots and pans- every home has these, turn them upside down, give children cooking utensils and let them tap away
- Water sensory bottles- empty contents, add washing liquid and water. Be sure to superglue the lid on. You can also leave the water out and place items such as rice, water beads, and pasta. Even a few sheets of coloured paper or fabric.
- Box play- got a cardboard box lying around. Open is so it is flat, grab some pencils and you and your child can lay on the floor for hours drawing the day away.
- Collect toilet paper rolls- you can turn these into instruments by covering one end and placing rice on the inside and covering the other end.
The Play expo will be held on these dates:
Term 2- May 15th– Point Cook Community Learning Centre
Term 3- September 4th– Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre
Term 4- Twilight- November 8th– Youth Resource Centre